Job no: 513857
Position Type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Campus: UMass Boston
Pay Grade: No Pay Grade
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Associate Lecturer Positions in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at UMASS Boston anticipates having several associate lecturer positions in mathematics starting 1 September 2022. Renewals are contingent upon performance, availability of resources, and need in the department.
The essential duties will be to teach up to four sections (12 credits) of lower division service level mathematics classes per semester. In addition to instruction, the successful candidates will be expected to follow standard departmental policies related to instruction and course coordination in multi-section classes and curriculum development.
- A Masters in Mathematics, or candidacy for a PhD or a PhD degree in mathematics or a closely related field by 31 August, 2022.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in instruction.
- Desired Qualifications:
- A documented record of excellence in classroom and/or online/remote instruction
- Experience in teaching in-person and online/remote formats, and curriculum development in beginning courses in college algebra, quantitative reasoning classes (math for liberal arts), business/managerial mathematics, basic statistics, precalculus, calculus
- Demonstrated success working with diverse student and/or faculty populations
Please apply online with your CV, cover letter, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and a list of three professional work references along with their contact information.
1. The cover letter should briefly explain the candidate’s interest in and fit with the position.
2. The personal statement should address the candidate’s teaching experience and philosophy.
3. Please submit at least two letters of recommendation that address the teaching and academic credentials must be submitted
We will start to review applications immediately on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. For more information about the department see https://www.umb.edu/academics/csm/mathematics
Located on the Boston harbour, the University of Massachusetts Boston offers undergraduate and graduate programs in almost 90 fields of study. It serves a diverse population of more than 16,000 students and is nationally recognised as a model of excellence for urban universities. For more information about the university, see www.umb.edu.
UMass Boston is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX employer and strongly encourages women, members of all ethnic groups, and people with disabilities to apply.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status including booster. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other legally protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
UMass Boston normally does not provide H-1B visa sponsorship for non-academic positions.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated and to confirm proof of their vaccination status.
Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons. Regardless of vaccination status, you must wear a face covering in public indoor spaces on campus.