Graduate Assistant, CM
Job no: 508696
Position Type: Hourly
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Graduate Studies & Admissions
Pay Grade: No Pay Grade
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
General Summary of Position:
The Graduate Assistant reports to the Director of Graduate Program Operations in partnership with the Dean’s Office and Administrator of the project to which they are assigned. Departments include: Strategic Outreach, Marketing, Accounting and Finance (including undergraduate Finance; Student Managed Fund Course) and Management Information Systems.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Graduate Programs Office, marketing efforts, teaching assistantship, support of the Writing Center, interaction with incoming and current College of Management students and faculty.
Examples of Duties:
- Aid matriculated and prospective students with program inquiries and providing pertinent information where needed.
- Support in recruitment and training of College of Management student ambassadors who will act as the student representatives within outward facing departmental activities such as seasonal open houses and student on-campus visits.
- Work with Associate Director in sourcing relevant content for inclusion in social media and blog postings.
- Research local external events for potential departmental attendance in promotion of College of Management programming and community engagement.
- Assist in planning and attend events hosted by the College of Management- the GA will offer support for these events; in addition the student is able to meet, network, and gain knowledge from each event.
- Teaching assistance for various assigned courses as relevant.
- Support Graduate Writing Center in disseminating service to students.
- Assist the Dean’s Office in projects as assigned.
- Additional duties as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the Gradate Programs Office.
- This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to engage with incoming, current and past College of Management students, utilize technological skills in content creation such as departmental videos and other creative pipelines, and enhance networking skills as well as administrative support skills. Research skills, ability to manage multiple projects and proactive, positive nature, highly desired. Ability to interact with multiple populations and university professional levels.
- Must be a College of Management Graduate Student.
- Must be enrolled in classes for the Fall 2021semester and available for the academic year.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1 and our office will contact you by July 15, if you have been selected.
Position restricted to matriculating UMass Boston graduate students in the following programs: College of Management
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other legally protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
UMass Boston normally does not provide H-1B visa sponsorship for non-academic positions.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.