Senior Director of Campaign Data
Job no: 521391
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VC-University Advancement
Pay Grade: 34
Date opened: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
The Senior Director of Campaign Data is a data-driven professional with a proven background in leading advancement operations related to campaign and gift reporting, data visualization, data analytics, data management, predictive modeling, and prospect strategy and research. She/he/they will work closely with the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, Associate Vice Chancellor of Principal and Leadership Gifts, Assistant Vice Chancellor of Prospect Management and Research, and Senior Director of Advancement Services to design and create accurate, timely, and comprehensive reports, analyses, and data visualizations for Advancement and University leadership. The Senior Director of Campaign Data should be a technical expert and a creative thinker who has advanced knowledge of data science, fundraising fundamentals, strategies, and trends in modern campaigning and can propose innovative ways to utilize data and then implement tactical and strategic data solutions to support overall fundraising and engagement goals. The Senior Director of Campaign Data will also leverage their expertise in data storytelling to effectively communicate and present key findings, insights, and trends to University Advancement colleagues, Campaign Leadership, University Leadership, and key stakeholders. Additionally, the incumbent will collaborate with colleagues on the broader University Advancement team, such as Principal & Leadership Gifts, Annual Giving, Corporate & Foundation Relations, Advancement Services, Alumni Engagement, Donor Engagement & Stewardship, and Prospect Management & Research. The Senior Director of Campaign Data will report directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Prospect Management and Research and have a dotted line to the Senior Director of Advancement Services.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversee comprehensive campaign projects in collaboration with the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, Associate Vice Chancellor of Principal and Leadership Gifts, Assistant Vice Chancellor of Prospect Management and Research, and Senior Director of Advancement Services, which will include developing, tracking, and reporting on campaign progress against key performance indicators, as well as providing insights and trends in giving, alumni and donor engagement, and prospect development.
- The Senior Director of Campaign Data will leverage their expertise in data analysis, data visualization, and storytelling to effectively communicate and present key findings, insights, and trends to University Advancement colleagues, Campaign Leadership, University Leadership, and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing strategic analytical models, reports, dashboards, and data visualizations that drive new innovations and data exploration to support teams across University Advancement, such as Principal & Leadership Gifts, Annual Giving, Corporate & Foundation Relations, Advancement Services, Alumni Engagement, Donor Engagement & Stewardship, and Prospect Management & Research. This may include providing strategic data solutions that analyze fundraising results, forecasting, ROI, and performance metrics.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Advancement Services to facilitate report requests from external and internal sources by utilizing SQL language and other reporting tools to create and run different queries from CRM database.
- Will work with the Senior Director of Advancement Services and Advancement colleagues on data enhancements to existing records and reporting tools in CRM system, and leverage new data collection processes from internal and external sources such as social media, email analytics, and web analytics.
- Take proactive steps to learn, recommend, and implement new reporting tools and solutions in University Advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field, and at least five to seven years of work experience in a fundraising environment in a university setting is required. Experience working with Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) such as Salesforce, ADVANCE, or other CRM products, as well as SQL languages and reporting tools. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of fundraising fundamentals, strategies, and trends in data science and data analysis. Strong background in business process design, report development, and testing is expected.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Comprehensive campaign experience and project management strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI, or similar report writing software required.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analysis, and research methods.
- Ability to leverage the knowledge of data needs, data sources, and data solution technologies in support of advancement goals.
- Strong scripting and programming skills (e.g. familiarity with SQL, Python, Java)
- Knowledge of CASE Reporting Standards and Management Guidelines
- Systems thinking, adept at abstraction, and categorization.
- Self-driven ability to understand, discover, resolve, and recommend options to solve complex business issues with technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to: identify and articulate business challenges, project objectives, and analytical approach.
- Experience creating and executing test scenarios.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills to handle several projects simultaneously, accommodate shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and be very good at troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality standards and handle sensitive information in a discretionary manner.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt union position. All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact HRDirect@umb.edu or 617-287-5150.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other legally protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
UMass Boston normally does not provide H-1B visa sponsorship for non-academic positions.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated and to confirm proof of their vaccination status.
Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons. Regardless of vaccination status, you must wear a face covering in public indoor spaces on campus.