The University of Massachusetts Boston invites applications for a Director of our Accelerated second Bachelor's Option (ABSN) who will hold a full-time 12-month non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of Nursing. Our programs focus on a comprehensive approach to education to meet the very real healthcare needs of our city, state, and nation by educating knowledgeable providers of skilled nursing care, analyzing and creating health policy, and increasing the health of diverse urban populations. For more information, go to https://www.umb.edu/academics/cnhs/nursing. The Director of our ABSN option provides leadership for the curriculum, faculty, and students in the ABSN option. The Director reports to the Chair of the nursing department.
• Provides leadership for the implementation and evaluation of the ABSN option.
• Ensures the curriculum of the ABSN option meets the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
• Contributes to the ABSN option-related elements of reports such as those to the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the Board of Registration in Nursing.
• Supports and assists faculty in developing clinical and classroom teaching skills, curriculum materials, and evaluation of student performance.
• Reviews evaluation data with faculty and recommends changes and improvements based on evaluation data.
• Engages with student advisors in conjunction with the Office of Student Success and Engagement (OSSE).
• Provides supervision for two direct reports: the ABSN Assistant and the Clinical Placement Specialist.
• In collaboration with the Department Chair, hires part-time faculty, and validates student candidates for graduation and eligibility for licensure application.
• Develops and maintains relationships with community partners.
• Serve on various department and college committees.
• Participates in the education of students by teaching in the ABSN option. Teaching assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Monitors and advises ABSN students regarding academic and clinical progress.
This is a full time 12–month non-tenure track position to begin June 1, 2023. Specific requirements:
• Master’s degree in nursing is required, Doctorate preferred.
• Must be eligible for RN licensure in Massachusetts
• University-level teaching experience including experience with online or hybrid nursing education.
• Experience working with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
• Commitment to supporting our goal of ensuring an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace and educational environment.
Application instructions: Please submit: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a curriculum vitae; 3) a 1-2-page professional statement including descriptions of teaching philosophy, management experience, and diversity, equity, and inclusion promotion; 4) 3 letters of recommendation online.
For questions, please email Dr. Hayman, Chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons.