Associate Vice Chancellor for Corporate and Foundation Relations
Job no: 496268
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VC-University Advancement
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Corporate and Foundation Relations is a senior level management position in University Advancement, reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement. The incumbent will play a leading role in the external relations for the university, increasing the level of support that corporations, private foundations and organizations provide to UMass Boston. The Associate Vice Chancellor will be responsible for conducting significant outreach to major corporations and foundations locally, nationally and internationally; and will partner frequently with the Provost, Deans and key faculty members as well as the Chancellor of the university in order to identify, cultivate and secure impactful funding sources for specific programs and initiatives.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversee and provide leadership in planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of research funding, student scholarship and philanthropic support from corporations and foundations;
- Work collaboratively with the Chancellor, Provost, Vice Provost for Research, Deans and key faculty members to plan and direct corporate and foundation activities and support to university-designated priorities;
- Draft and formally present major proposals in order to enhance on-going, or establish new, corporate and foundation engagement in university endeavors; develop and oversee clearing-house protocols for the university to be used by other corporate and foundation relations colleagues in order to garner the largest commitment from each organization;
- Working with the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, manage and steward the university’s relationship with key foundation and corporate funders to maintain strong ties and enhance an increasing level of support; forge new partnerships that benefit the university in strategic areas identified as institutional priorities and maintain a robust portfolio of new prospective donors;
- Assess industries in which UMass Boston alumni, parents and friends serve in senior positions and pursue internships, mentorships and scholarship potential for our current students and recent graduates;
- Mentor a team of corporate and foundation relations colleagues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of demonstrated progressive experience in a fundraising environment with a proven ability to engage organizations in securing seven figure-plus gifts within a public or private higher education institution or non-profit environment is required. The incumbent will be required to travel, as well as work evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of, and top-level contact with, major sources of corporate and foundation funding;
- Ability to work collaboratively with and motivate colleagues, volunteers and donors with respect to fundraising activities;
- Demonstrable track record of organizing successful fundraising activities, with the ability to lead the development of high-level gift and grant strategies and solicitations;
- Familiarity with, and the ability to, operate effectively in a multi-faceted and complex institutional structure;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as reflected in proposals and presentations;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a non-union position.
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.