Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor
Job no: 495600
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: VC-University Advancement
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, the Executive Assistant will have an understanding of the industry to aptly provide advanced administrative support to the Vice Chancellor, serve as a liaison to the university’s generous and notable donors, alumni, and friends, and will represent the office on internal and external committees. The incumbent will manage communications and activities between the Vice Chancellor, the Chancellor’s Office, the UMass System Office, and the UMass Boston community. The ideal candidate will be professional, highly organized and efficient, detailed oriented, have some fluency in the fundraising industry, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, maintain confidentiality, and be able to manage complex projects and initiatives for the Vice Chancellor.
Examples of Duties:
- Work closely with the Vice Chancellor and provide executive level administrative support, interact with other director-level advancement colleagues in understanding and implementing pertinent information for fundraising needs; field internal and external phone, e-mail and in-person inquiries; and prepare routine correspondence;
- Manage the daily calendar of the Vice Chancellor, including scheduling appointments, travel and meetings in collaboration with various University departments, committees, boards and external contacts; coordinate travel itinerary and correspondence with on and off campus constituents; prepare and process corresponding paperwork in accordance with university policies and procedures; prepare meeting agenda(s), presentations when required, and provide background materials for all engagements;
- Attend with Vice Chancellor or as a representative of University Advancement internal and external meetings and special events; provide follow-up details with outstanding issues and manage the communication process including, at times, taking minutes and tracking necessary next steps; work with other University Advancement colleagues to ensure that they are taking action on assigned tasks; ensure that the Vice Chancellor is properly prepared at all events, meetings, and visits – agenda, talking points, speeches, attendee list and bios;
- Manage all aspects of the Board of Visitors, including meeting arrangements for the full Board meetings, executive committee meetings and subcommittee meetings; prepare materials, correspondence and communications related to such meetings; provide assistance to the Vice Chancellor, appropriate advancement staff, and University liaisons assigned to each Board of Visitors committee; serve as Board of Visitors Secretary;
- Assist colleagues during University Advancement events; volunteer for other university events such as Welcome Day, Open House, Commencement, Residence Hall move-in day, Athletic events, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and three-five (3-5) years of administrative assistant experience, which includes experience in providing high-level administrative support and support for special projects, preferably in a higher education, is required. Professional demeanor when working with donors, alumni and representatives from major corporations and foundations required. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Familiarity with Development modules and databases preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Powerpoint and Word;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with senior managers, and as a motivating force with potential donors;
- Ability to interact with high-level donors;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and work with confidential and time sensitive information and materials;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to actively listen;
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment;
- Ability to actively listen;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00.
This is a non-union position.
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.