Associate Lecturer of Mathematics
Job no: 506150
Position Type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Campus: UMass Boston
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Associate Lecturer Positions in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at UMass Boston anticipates having several part-time associate lecturer positions in mathematics beginning September 1, 2020. Renewals are contingent upon performance, availability of resources, and need in the department.
The essential duties will be to teach lower-division service-level mathematics classes each semester. In addition to instruction, the successful candidates will be expected to participate in appropriate professional service, which may include course coordination in multi-section classes and curriculum development.
- A Masters in Mathematics, or candidacy for a PhD or a PhD degree in mathematics or a closely related field by 31 August, 2020.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in instruction.
- A documented record of excellence in classroom and/or online instruction
- Experience in teaching in-person and online formats, and curriculum development in beginning courses in college algebra, quantitative reasoning classes (maths for liberal arts), business/managerial mathematics, basic statistics, precalculus, calculus
- Demonstrated success working with diverse student and/or faculty populations
To apply, please submit the following:
- a cover letter that briefly explains the candidate’s interest in, and fit with the position
- a curriculum vita
- a personal statement addressing the candidate’s teaching experience and philosophy
- At least two letters of recommendation that address the teaching and academic credentials must be submitted
We will start to review applications immediately on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. For more information about the department see https://www.umb.edu/academics/csm/mathematics
Located on the Boston harbour, the University of Massachusetts Boston offers undergraduate and graduate programs in almost 90 fields of study. It serves a diverse population of more than 17,000 students and is nationally recognised as a model of excellence for urban universities. For more information about the university, see www.umb.edu.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.