Manager, Human Resources Information Systems
Job no: 515739
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Human Resources
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Reporting directly to the Director of HR Information Systems and Operations, the Manager of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is responsible for driving and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the PeopleSoft Human Resources System for the university, in support of Human Resources administration and initiatives and in alignment with University strategic objectives. The incumbent will serve as the administrator of the current implementation and any refinements needed for the system; and will plan for and successfully implement all subsequent updates across the university; will continually analyze the delivered PeopleSoft product to determine how well it serves campus and system business needs and where gaps exist; and will provide solutions to potential changes in business practices to meet and enhance university strategic goals.
Examples of Duties:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for HRIS leveraging HCM platform functionality including reporting enhancements, updates, access, user training strategy and overall platform management.
- In consultation with the Direct of HRIS, lead and coordinate efforts in reviewing, testing, and implementing HRIS system configuration changes, upgrades, patches or HR systems configuration projects and enhancements; collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of such changes and document processes, procedures, and testing results accordingly
- Develop and maintain queries and reports (standard, scheduled and/or ad hoc) utilizing HRIS standard and advanced reporting platforms to support business processes and to provide necessary HR data analytics
- Work closely with senior leadership and other stakeholders to plan for and ensure support for organizational strategic objectives, leveraging system functionality wherever possible to ease administrative burden and build efficient and effective processes;
- Ensure that all emerging requirements are captured and architected in compliance with HR laws and system capabilities, and in support of all university goals and priorities;
- Coordinate orientation and training for campus users of HRIS systems;
- Provide oversight and support for all staff within HR and in other key departments who interface with university HR systems;
- Work effectively as a member of the Human Resources team, providing input on relevant planning issues and service needs;
- Maintain the campus Human Resources database and serve as data steward for the campus; serve as the campus representative to system-wide groups and committees for HR data issues;
- Establish and maintain a user group to share issues and concerns and to plan for the transition to subsequent generations of the system;
- Work with the Director of HR Information Systems and Operations and with information technology colleagues to anticipate and provide ongoing equipment needs and upgrades;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of strong process controls including but not limited to data maintenance strategy, data validation and data integrity controls;
- Identify, document, communicate and address issues as they arise with the HR system, serving as resident expert on HRIS functions and capabilities;
- Stay abreast of technological and regulatory changes affecting areas of responsibility;
- Research, document and communicate the data management and analysis capabilities of the HRIS system; work with departmental and senior campus management to provide personnel data needs assessment; design solutions to address those needs and train relevant staff as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five-seven (5-7) years of HRIS experience required. Comprehensive knowledge of HRIS systems and practices required. Expertise with PeopleSoft implementation in a large enterprise preferred, as is relevant experience in a higher education setting. Familiarity with the special requirements of human resources in an institute of higher education preferred. Experience working in a public sector and/or a highly organized union environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in design, development, implementation and troubleshooting of an information management system that supports organizational objectives and ongoing performance improvement;
- Demonstrated expertise in administrative office databases and software, including Microsoft Office;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Human Resources processes, with the ability to manage and execute a high volume of work;
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, auditing practices, employment law and quality controls;
- Ability to understand the critical importance of confidentiality and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to align practices, policies and procedures with departmental and university-wide objectives;
- Ability to translate campus and university business needs into priorities for HR Information System design and development;
- Ability to manage resources within and outside of Human Resources;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to effectively plan, set priorities and manage several complex projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines;
- Strong understanding of big data analytics;
- Strong team player, with the ability to take initiative and operate independently;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
This is a non-union exempt position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons. Regardless of vaccination status, you must wear a face covering in public indoor spaces on campus.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other legally protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
UMass Boston normally does not provide H-1B visa sponsorship for non-academic positions.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated and to confirm proof of their vaccination status.
Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons. Regardless of vaccination status, you must wear a face covering in public indoor spaces on campus.