Transfer Enrollment Counselor
Job no: 498138
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Pay Grade: 32
Date opened: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Transfer Enrollment Counselor will be responsible for the prospecting and recruitment of current community college students. The incumbent will be charged with creating and maintaining clear advising materials that will provide guidance to community college students looking to transfer to UMass Boston; and will foster relationships with stakeholders at key community colleges, including but not limited to, faculty, advisors, and students. The Transfer Enrollment Counselor will have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the academic offerings at the community college and at UMass Boston and will be able to provide specific and detailed information to prospective students to ensure that program and course selections are directly aligned with students’ intended baccalaureate degrees.
Additionally, the Transfer Enrollment Counselor will collaborate with the Enrollment Management Marketing Team to tailor web content, print pieces, email communications, and SMS campaigns to recruit and yield students from the community college to the University. The incumbent will also leverage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to do multi-channeled out-reach to prospects, applicants, admitted, and matriculated students to shepherd them through the planning, applicant and enrollment stages and will track all interactions. The incumbent will be able to derive and analyze data from the CRM and Oracle Business Intelligence to monitor the admission funnel, identify and address pain-points, and implement strategies to impact enrollment for students from the community college.
The Transfer Enrollment Counselor will spend approximately 50% of their overall time at the University and the other 50% on-site at the community college. The incumbent will determine methods of outreach to assist individuals or groups of community college students via individual or group meetings, large scale events, or online meetings; and will identify areas where better alignment, smoother processes, or additional resources are needed in order to maximize transfer, and increase service to students.
Examples of Duties:
- Responsible for generating prospects and attracting community college students to the University by providing information about the university’s offerings, assisting with the application process, and providing information about course and program selection to maximize transfer;
- Develop and staff recruitment outreach events, such as Transfer Application Days, Transferology workshops, events by academic major, etc.;
- Create prospect records in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), and follow up with each prospective student with tailored communications; monitor applications from community college students, and intervene to encourage timely application completion; congratulate admitted students and encourage them to deposit; and continue to engage deposited students to ensure they are completing enrollment next steps;
- Create and maintain advising maps for all community college transfer programs and the corresponding university program; develop a community college specific webpage with pertinent contact for prospective students, including the advising maps;
- Review admissions applications and render admissions decisions;
- Utilize and instruct others on the use of transferology and the transferologylab to access existing course equivalencies and degree audit information, including community college staff;
- Enter data and evaluate and review transfer credits to generate official transfer credit evaluations for prospective and admitted students;
- Review new transfer course descriptions and syllabi to determine course transferability and applicability and update transfer articulation system accordingly;
- Support the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with regard to event staffing, application reading, transfer credit evaluation, staffing the phone line, providing coverage for the reception area, meeting with students and providing information sessions as necessary;
- Provide supervisor with routine updates and data analysis of off-site work and its impact;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three-five (3-5) years of experience in post-secondary admissions, advising and/or registration required. The incumbent is required to have and maintain throughout the duration of employment in this position a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to travel throughout identified recruitment territory. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, as well as off-campus recruiting events, is required.
- Master’s degree preferred;
- Prior experience with transfer credit, transfer students, or academic advising preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse group of students preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of transfer admissions and transcripts;
- Knowledge of standard administrative software programs, as well as ability to utilize technology;
- Ability to deliver services in an environment with an emphasis on customer service, both internally and externally;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks while respecting multiple deadlines and using time efficiently;
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, as well as departmental staff, and be thoughtful of a multicultural environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.