Assistant Director for Transfer Recruitment
Job no: 496770
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Pay Grade: 29
Date opened: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
The Assistant Director for Transfer Recruitment will be responsible for the development and/or implementation of recruitment activities and strategies to attract transfer students to the university. The Assistant Director will and arrange and attend two-year college fairs and conduct monthly college visits; will monitor transfer prospects and applicants and implement strategies to convert them in the admissions funnel utilizing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software; will utilize yield strategies to increase enrollment of transfer students; and will review applications and render admission decisions for freshmen and transfer , as well as review non-equivalent courses and determine transferability.
The Assistant Director will be assigned as a liaison to one of the undergraduate colleges within the university and is required to involve the college in recruitment activities, acquire and maintain demonstrated in-depth knowledge of curriculum changes, faculty expertise, research initiatives and opportunities for student involvement and work with the representative to increase applications and yield of admitted students. S/he will also provide career and enrollment counseling; will conduct interviews and information sessions; and assist with freshman recruitment initiatives.
Examples of Duties:
- Develop and/or implement recruitment activities and strategies to attract transfer students to the University;
- Arrange and attend two-year college fairs and monthly college visits;
- Monitor transfer prospects and applications and implement strategies to convert them in the admissions funnel;
- Utilize the division’s customer relationship management (CRM) system to help track and recruit transfer students throughout the admissions process;
- Review applications and render admission decisions for freshmen and transfer applicants;
- Conduct transfer credit evaluations; determine course transferability and equivalences;
- Create and update articulation tables in transfer computer system;
- Conduct interviews and information sessions;
- Provide career/enrollment counseling to students;
- Serve as liaison to one of the undergraduate colleges;
- Serve as an agent on the office main telephone number queueing system;
- Assist with freshman recruitment initiatives;
- Support Undergraduate Admission recruitment and yield events and other campus events, as appropriate;
- Utilize yield strategies to increase enrollment of transfer students;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one-three years of experience in post-secondary administration, counseling, or recruitment required. The incumbent is required to have and maintain throughout the duration of employment in the position a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to attend off-campus recruiting events. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends required.
- Knowledge of transfer and freshmen admissions and transcripts;
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to deliver services in an environment with an emphasis on customer service, both internally and externally;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.