Data Specialist (EDP Entry Operator III), part-time
Job no: 494877
Position Type: Staff Part Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Department: Human Resources
Pay Grade: 12
Date opened: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The part-time Data Specialist, within the Department of Human Resources, will be responsible for providing support and maintenance of PeopleSoft, the Human Resource Management System (HRMS). The incumbent will perform data entry of personnel actions and other human resource related transactions; review problem data; and resolve HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws. The incumbent will interface with all employees within the University and will provide quality customer service to employees and external customers.
Examples of Duties:
- Responsible for all data entry of personnel actions and other human resource related transactions; review problem data, checking for discrepancies and making corrections, when necessary; enter and/or edit information to be inputted into PeopleSoft;
- Provide support for the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) team; research and resolve HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws;
- Perform customer service functions by addressing employee requests and questions via telephone or in-person, and directing callers to the appropriate contact when necessary;
- Review mail, highlight action or important items and attach relevant files or information for review;
- Maintain confidential personnel files;
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection;
- May utilize prepared reports or queries, utilizing appropriate tools, to review and ensure data integrity;
- May assist in the training of student employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Incumbent must have a minimum of at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, clerical experience in the operation of electronic data processing data entry is required.
- Knowledge of various software applications and systems, including PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of clerical office practice, including office record keeping;
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information;
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures;
- Ability to deal tactfully with others;
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy;
- Ability to work accurately with names, numbers and/or symbols;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to give written and oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner;
- Ability to complete detail work with accuracy;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to adjust to changing office priorities;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Bi-weekly Salary Rate: $1,134.78; Annual Salary Rate: $29,504.28.
This is a part-time (30 hour/week) non-union position.
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.